Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Something happening...finally!

Well, two weeks have gone by without any significant weight loss. I have simply not been eating enough calories to allow me to lose weight. As soon as I allow myself to "cheat" a little and go up to 1500 or 1800 calories, I lose weight. I know that I should bump up the calories, but its so damned hard to do it. The old eating disorder in me says that more food=more fat. I know better than this! I am going to diligently try to up my calories to the 1400-1500 and just deal with it.

This said, I have lost two lbs since the end of January. This is okay, but by no means acceptable. I am still meatless (excluding Sundays, of course) because of Lent and its not been terribly difficult this time around. Last year I seemed to struggle with it so much. I think that the boys doing it with me is helping immensely. There is less desire for meat if there isn't a nice piece of grilled chicken sitting in front of me. We are taking this pescetarian lifestyle switch seriously, and I really want to try to make it semi-permanent. Its not that I am becoming an animal rights activist...its more a conscious decision to better myself. Now I just have to convince Chas to stick to it. That's the harder sell.

No comments:


I thank you for stopping by my little version of Eden. I appreciate you kind thoughts and contributions to this page and look forward to seeing them in the future. However, I do reserve the right to remove any questionable content or anything that may detract from the overall nature of the page. Thank you for your continued support. Many blessings!