Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Rain, rain, go away!

It's still cold and dreary here in SW PA.  If it doesn't let up soon, my beloved garden is going to suffer root rot and I'm going to have to rip everything out and replant.  That is time and money I don't want to waste.  That said, I have have quite a little garden going to date.  The kohlrabi and broccoli went in on Mother's Day, as well as some spinach.  The next weekend I got the zucchini, tomatoes, peppers and eggplant.  As of right now, I still have herbs and cucumbers waiting to get into the ground.  And at this rate, they may be waiting another week or so.

Also, I've been a bad blogger again.  I was so diligent at the beginning of the year, but alas, I have fallen yet again from blogging grace.  Oh well, fortunately, no one but me reads this, so I'm probably pretty safe :) 

On a more positive note, AJ's FHC went off this weekend splendidly.  He was so excited and pleased to receive, and we were so happy for him. He was truly jubilant.  It was such a happy day, despite the rainy skies and cold weather.  He is growing up so fast!  We are going to let him have his own little blog as a way to try to connect to other homeschooled kids and work on grammar and sentence structure at the same time.  He struggles with creating his own sentences and stories, so I'm hoping that this summer his blog will work to make him more willing to write and more interested in creating his own adventures. 

On the Diva front all is well.  She is so verbal and so busy that it's almost impossible to keep up with her.  Unfortunately, this keeps me more on my toes than I have been for a very long time.  That aside, she is growing up too fast for my taste as well, so I try to enjoy her now rather than stress over her tantrums.  Only too soon she will pass this baby phase and I'll wish for a tantrum over shoes or milk. 

C will be graduating in 5.5 short weeks...none too soon for us.  He is exhausted and misses us all.  Needless to say, this fieldwork isn't going as smoothly as the last.  But, he will finish soon and the real world of jobs and expectations awaits.

No comments:


I thank you for stopping by my little version of Eden. I appreciate you kind thoughts and contributions to this page and look forward to seeing them in the future. However, I do reserve the right to remove any questionable content or anything that may detract from the overall nature of the page. Thank you for your continued support. Many blessings!