Sunday, February 27, 2011

So good, so long...

I did so well keeping up with my blog after New Years. I was quite proud of myself, needless to say. But then life crept in, slowly, and kept me from writing or reading. Sickness invaded, and we are just now recovering from it's onslaught of awfulness. Everyone is still slightly congested and snuffy, but we are all far better than we were two or three weeks ago. Thanks be to God that the sickness seems past for now and we are returning to real life again.

That said, February is almost over. Diva is officially 18 months now and showing her independence more every day. AJ is getting bigger, and I'm noticing bigger boy tendencies in his behaviors and attitudes. I am not ready for that, needless to say. The cuddles and snuggles are still there, so not all is lost. As for Diva, I'm thinking we are just starting to dig in for what may be a very long terrible twos stage.

Lent begins for us on Wednesday. I am ready for the opportunity to pour my heart into something great and good. I feel relief that this season is here, which is strange. I am almost looking for the chance to sacrifice and have a reason to resist indulging. I have yet to decide officially what I will choose as a sacrifice because I don't feel anything I've come up with so far is truly a sacrifice. So I will dwell for a while longer on that one to make a good decision.

I'm off to organize laundry and get something done before bed tonight. We have piles of laundry to get done...blah. One of my least favorite chores!

1 comment:

Erica Saint said...

I am happy to hear everyone is feeling better!


I thank you for stopping by my little version of Eden. I appreciate you kind thoughts and contributions to this page and look forward to seeing them in the future. However, I do reserve the right to remove any questionable content or anything that may detract from the overall nature of the page. Thank you for your continued support. Many blessings!