Monday, February 7, 2011

A very happy birthday...

Today is my 32cd birthday. In a way, that number both scares and humbles me. I am, of course, petrified by the idea that I have surpassed 22 years old. Remember 22? Me neither. Great year, 22. I was on top of the world...college graduate, in graduate school...the world was at my feet. Then, 23 came and everything changed. Literally, in the span of one month I was laid low. Life was no longer my oyster. I couldn't afford store brand fish sticks, let alone oysters. 23 was marked by Aidyn's birth and the effective end of my youth as a whole. In the span of three months I became a wife, mother and my college career was curbed. My reverse birthday was definitely a life changing year. Funny how it seemed tragic then. Now if for my reverse birthday year at 32 I could have another baby, life would be grand. Priorities definitely change.

I'm hoping 32 is a banner year for Krista :) Our world is looking pretty good...the kids are healthy and happy, C is inching closer every day to finishing his OTL/R and we're even contemplating going to Disney World. How much more fun is life than that? I'm also hoping to truly renew my weight loss effort. For this, C and I have decided to splurge and buy an elliptical. I have wanted one for ages, but now seemed the right time. Of course, as soon as we got it home and started putting it together, we realized a part was incorrect. So, for the moment, my banner year is on hold until my new parts get here.

Otherwise all is well in our house. I need to get in gear and get writing more. I was doing very well at the beginning of the year, but I have been slacking off lately. Silly girl. I really need to buckle down and get those thoughts of mine cataloged. So many important things to say...lol. I'm going to get ready for bed now...cuddle up with my honey and enjoy the sounds of his snores as the snow/rain/ice hits the roof. Good birthday :)

1 comment:

Erica Saint said...

Happy birthday! I hope this year is full of joy for you and your family. My 32nd year was a great year. That was the year I gave birth to Ralph. And I am so with you about weight-loss. I need to get my butt in gear. :-) We are ready for more babies in my house!


I thank you for stopping by my little version of Eden. I appreciate you kind thoughts and contributions to this page and look forward to seeing them in the future. However, I do reserve the right to remove any questionable content or anything that may detract from the overall nature of the page. Thank you for your continued support. Many blessings!