Wednesday, November 19, 2008

The weather outside is frightful...

The weather outside is frightful...

Well, okay. Frightful is a bit strong of a word. But its blustery and cold and wet and altogether unfit for woman nor beastie dog to run outside anymore. When I took Aid to the bus stop this morning, it took all I had in me not to start up that car and sit down there, letting off exhaust fumes and polluting the air like the rest of the moms (who were toastie warm in their SUVs). No...I stood my ground and stomped my feet to keep up circulation. And I threw in the towel and decided that a run today would be out of the question unless I wanted a massive asthma flare to follow me through the day.

So I come home to my trusty treadmill...and oh how I hate my trusty treadmill. Some people swear that running on a treadmill is so much easier than actually running on turf. These people have apparently never run on the fossil/relic of a treadmill that I have acquired. This is torture akin to Bush tactics and the shin splints are nasty to deal with. However, I can't use the gym at school for another month, so I am going to have to deal with the inconvenience of my dinosaur treadmill and run.

That said, I think that I'm going to jump into the middle of the C25K program to get back into treadmill running. I know it sounds insane, but I am definitely going to have to build up my treadmill endurance to make running this winter feasible. I think if I start at week 4 or 5 I should be alright...say a prayer for my shins now.

Other than my whining and pining for the gym, nothing else to report. I did finally make a facebook profile, so if you guys are over there, feel free to add me. The entire reason I got a myspace profile was to keep in touch with my friends, but they all seem to be hanging out over there...so now I trot over like the sheeple I am. Oh well...I'm sure once the next craze comes along, I'll still be a year or so behind it as well.

No comments:


I thank you for stopping by my little version of Eden. I appreciate you kind thoughts and contributions to this page and look forward to seeing them in the future. However, I do reserve the right to remove any questionable content or anything that may detract from the overall nature of the page. Thank you for your continued support. Many blessings!