Friday, January 22, 2010

A little less tired, but twinged of course with guilt...

So I have searched the internet all the afternoon searching for articles promoting cosleeping to assuage my niggling guilt over putting Caroline in bed with me after her night feeding. She wakes for that first feeding, takes only a little and then in sleeping inconsistently the remainder of the night. I have searched the McKenna articles and feel somewhat justified, but then I remind myself that those are mostly confined to bfing moms and infants, and after our eping debacle, Cara and I don't qualify. But I'm so tired otherwise, I don't know what to do other than justify myself and her in finding some rest. She sleeps so much more soundly, without the jerking and starting awake that she does otherwise. And of course, I sleep much better myself without her constantly shifting and mewling in discomfort.

That said...sleepy girl and I are finally getting back to our more normal schedule. She's seeming to be herself again, as am I. But the weekend is upon us again, so I am sure that we will undoubtedly be on the move again. I know that we will be going to a birthday party, but I'm almost certain that I would rather stay home and vegetate. Nothing more than sitting around in my pajamas would please me, and probably Chas and the kids, but we never actually do.

On a side note, I am looking into baby sign language for Cara. Aidyn is so excited at the idea of trying this, so I figure we'll give it a go. Now we have to look around on the internet or find a good book illustrating the signs, making it easy for he and I to distinguish the signs.

No comments:


I thank you for stopping by my little version of Eden. I appreciate you kind thoughts and contributions to this page and look forward to seeing them in the future. However, I do reserve the right to remove any questionable content or anything that may detract from the overall nature of the page. Thank you for your continued support. Many blessings!