Thursday, January 21, 2010

So sleepy...

I am just not getting any better at this new mom~sleepless mom schedule the way I did at 23. I know that with Aidyn I had more energy, more stamina...more something. I'm in an incredible slump of late. It seems a bit late for PPD to be setting in, and I'm not necessarily sad or overwrought, just tired. Weary, dreary, wear-my-robe-as-a-fashion-statement tired. You know the feeling, right? I look in the mirror and think that I could survive another day or so before my hair needs washed, because showering is such a PROCESS. And we aren't even going to talk about the state of my house or my diet of late...it bears no mention, to be sure.

Caroline is currently in my arms, dreaming sweet diva-baby dreams. I've now perfected the art of one handed typing. (I'm at least proficient.) She is catching up on some much needed rest after days of fighting sleep. I've never seen a kid who could go as long as her without sound naps and still remain relatively pleasant. For certain, it is not a skill she inherited from me. After a weekend of perpetual going, plus a day with Daddy at Chatham on Tuesday, she has finally hit her wall. But of course, no nap is really a nap unless Mommy is holding her :) And as out of sync as she is, I'm going to ignore my better judgement and just let her be. She'll have plenty of time alone in her crib...some other time,

No comments:


I thank you for stopping by my little version of Eden. I appreciate you kind thoughts and contributions to this page and look forward to seeing them in the future. However, I do reserve the right to remove any questionable content or anything that may detract from the overall nature of the page. Thank you for your continued support. Many blessings!