Sunday, August 29, 2010

Our new chapter...

Tomorrow begins our foray into the wild, wonderful, unsocialized and unpredictable world of homeschooling. I am still nervous, still not sure and still completely psyched about starting this particular adventure. I have been pushing the idea of homeschooling at Chas for two years and after the debacle of last year, he has finally relented and allowed us the attempt. But, I am of course petrified as to whether or not this was the right decision for us. I keep wondering if I've bitten off more than I can chew with this wily little man and his conniving ways. In one view I picture him diligently working and learning, head over a book, smiling as he reads well above grade level and enjoying working at his own pace. In another vision I see him in his pajamas, watching ESPN and whining about not having another piece of candy or playing xBox. I guess either scenario could play out, depending on me.

I really, really, really want this to work for our family. I want to educate my kids in the best environment. One without distractions and annoyances from others who care little for their education and one without the disappointments of failed expectations. But, I worry that I'm passing on my distrust of school and discomfort with others onto him. Then I worry what happens if I'm right. See...never ending cycle of doubt! Either way, for better or worse, we are now homeschoolers. We're going to give this our best shot and see how it works. Hopefully we'll fall into a comfortable routine that falls somewhere between the vision of the gifted geek and the grouchy couch lizard!

No comments:


I thank you for stopping by my little version of Eden. I appreciate you kind thoughts and contributions to this page and look forward to seeing them in the future. However, I do reserve the right to remove any questionable content or anything that may detract from the overall nature of the page. Thank you for your continued support. Many blessings!