Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Frustration and the eight year old...

How-o-how I love my dearest boy. In so many ways I adore him...but in so many ways I abhor his latest foray into badness. He is going through a growth spurt of sorts. One that drives me insane with it's classic boyish nonsense, according to Chas. Today it was stickers on the desk and dining room table, this weekend it was shutting Caroline out of the room, last week it was some other rather innocuous, eight year old onslaught of evil. I think the idea of having a boy has been more of an idea to this point, rather than a fact. But recently, he is becoming the incarnation of something rotten...a little boy.

So the question begs itself asked...do I just let things continue as they have or try to punish the annoying out of him? If it was just a couple things rather than daily irritations, I would probably let it go. If it was more ingenious evil I would probably let it slide...but stickers stuck to the desk? Seriously? He didn't do that at 3, let alone 8. Maybe it's just cold weather and mischief...I'm not certain. But, needless to say, I think Aidyn will be spending more time in his room for the next couple months...sigh.

No comments:


I thank you for stopping by my little version of Eden. I appreciate you kind thoughts and contributions to this page and look forward to seeing them in the future. However, I do reserve the right to remove any questionable content or anything that may detract from the overall nature of the page. Thank you for your continued support. Many blessings!