Thursday, December 30, 2010

What makes cheese so delicious?

As I sit here, contemplating my many gastronomic sins and the coming of resolutions and renewed healthiness and all other such blah, I come to realize my one, true culinary weakness. It's not sweets, although they are delicious, or carbs, although they are decadent, but instead, it's cheese. Tummy-numbing, 8 fat gram an ounce at best, cheesy goodness. Everything tastes better with cheese...seriously. We turn it into everything from appetizers to desserts. If I removed the cheese calories from my daily intake, I do believe I could cut it by a third. Damn you, devil cheese.

What brought on this whiny diatribe on such a delight? I am staring at a container of Delallo's hot jalapeno cheese dip, wishing I could eat all of it without a good, old-fashioned case of guilt setting in. But, I can't. Besides the fact Chas and the kids would be mad that I ate it all, it's not good for me (although it is dee-lish). Instead, I should munch carrots or celery or other such untasty wholesomeness. Devil cheese, I say.

Otherwise all is good. I love a day when I can say the most eventful episode was playing Elefun with the kiddos. We're all happy and healthy enough :) Tomorrow we shall toast to the end of the old and the beginning of the new. 2010 and devil cheese...adieu!

A lovely bunch... on 365 Project

No comments:


I thank you for stopping by my little version of Eden. I appreciate you kind thoughts and contributions to this page and look forward to seeing them in the future. However, I do reserve the right to remove any questionable content or anything that may detract from the overall nature of the page. Thank you for your continued support. Many blessings!