Thursday, December 11, 2008

The absolute misery of shopping for shoes...

The absolute misery of shopping for shoes...

You know...shopping for shoes should not be a punishment of the magnitude Aidyn makes it. It took us literally hours and hours to find him a pair of winter boots today. Every pair had a problem that made him spaz out in his characteristic manner. Either the tag rubbed his leg...the top of the boot was too tight...the laces scratched his skin...ARGH! I would have gladly settled for just finding problems with sizes...but no, not for my little psychotic shoe shopper. He literally threw an all-out hissy fit over shoes! He didn't have temper tantrums like this at 2, let alone 6. We finally found a pair that he is willing to give a try...but only after I take the linings out...take all of the tags off and trim any excess "fluffiness" away from his ankles. Goodness gracious greatness!!!

After the boot fiasco and literally six different stores, I was finally committed to throwing in the towel. He needs a new pair of house slippers too, but after trying about 10 pair on, I gave up. He wants the impossible! It should not be this hard to get my kid shod. I know tags bother him and fabrics bother him and hard soles bother him and "fluffy" shoes bother him...but what in the world! Sometimes I just lose patience and want to pull my hair out. I'm going gray from shoe shopping, I swear.

No comments:


I thank you for stopping by my little version of Eden. I appreciate you kind thoughts and contributions to this page and look forward to seeing them in the future. However, I do reserve the right to remove any questionable content or anything that may detract from the overall nature of the page. Thank you for your continued support. Many blessings!