Thursday, December 11, 2008

The tragic downfall of Saint Krista the dieter...

The tragic downfall of Saint Krista the dieter...

Yeah...Thanksgiving. I formed a very deep, personal relationship with a very, very cheap bottle of white zinfandel yesterday. It was one of those relationships that wasn't planned...I just sat in my comfy chair and chatted with the family. Whenever Chas would get up to check on the kids in the game room, I would have him fill my glass. Unfortunately, he apparently checked on the kids WAY more than I realized, because by the end of the evening I was confusing Mike Myers and Michael Moore in conversation (I knew the difference, but just couldn't remember the stupid name, thank you very much Nicky!) and had a good 1500 calories or so over my already generous holiday calorie allotment. So this morning, as I stepped on the scale...I saw the damage. 7 lbs up...yuck. Worst of all...I have a lousy sinus infection coming on and I can't take any meds until I'm sure the alcohol is out of my system.

Stupid wine...even dumber Krista...it'll take me a week at least to get that weight off and we have a wedding next weekend. I really need to pay more attention when I sip/slurp/suck down wine!

So ends the tale of the not-so-saintly dieter and her wino binge!

No comments:


I thank you for stopping by my little version of Eden. I appreciate you kind thoughts and contributions to this page and look forward to seeing them in the future. However, I do reserve the right to remove any questionable content or anything that may detract from the overall nature of the page. Thank you for your continued support. Many blessings!