Thursday, December 11, 2008

Playing through the pain

ARGH!!! I am so tired of being sore...I am tired of hurting! I am tired out constantly aching in places that aren't even polite to mention in mixed company! So this is a bit of a gripe post, so forgive me ahead of time.

It seems that I am constantly in some form of "rehab" for various exercise ailments. When I first started walking, I had wicked problems with plantar fascitis. My foot hurt so much that walking from the couch to the bathroom was agony. Then, while that still flares up from time to time, came the the shin splints. Once I nursed the shin splints and finally healed enough to really run, more disaster strikes. Now its "piriformis syndrome"...which is just wedMD's way of saying that I have muscles pinching and compressing my sciatic nerve. Will this never end? I had been doing so well...my weight was on the downhill again and I got sidelined again for more pain. It seems I am always pulling, straining or tearing something.

I am not a whiner...well, I am a whiner. Who am I kidding? But I have tried to "play through the pain" and I have learned that I just hurt myself worse or end up taking longer to recover. I'm not exactly a world-class athlete here...I just want to run and lift a little. Is that so hard? So this morning I plan on a great run...I've taken a couple days off to recoup. I am psyched and ready to go. Through the warm-up I am a little tight, but I figure I can push through. I get about a mile or so into the run and absolutely feel great. I keep up the pace and about at mile 2 I start hurting a little. By the time I hit mile 3 I am in agony and have to stop. Stupid hip. How long is this going to take to heal???

No comments:


I thank you for stopping by my little version of Eden. I appreciate you kind thoughts and contributions to this page and look forward to seeing them in the future. However, I do reserve the right to remove any questionable content or anything that may detract from the overall nature of the page. Thank you for your continued support. Many blessings!