Thursday, January 6, 2011

Coffee and a cookie can do wonders for a girl...

Got out of the house tonight for a little grown-up girlie R and R with my friend. Starbucks and an hour free-ranging at B&N made me feel like a new woman, ready to take on the challenges of crazy children and loud noises with ease :) We stopped on the way home from basketball practice to grab some milk and such to keep the kids fed tomorrow, because we're expecting 2-4 inches overnight. So I'm stocked with bread and cheese and other such necessities of life.

AJ's basketball is a disappointment. I believe we made a mistake going with this league because we don't have a regular coach and practices are a nightmare. C thinks things are really disorganized, which is not what I expected from a small league of this sort. I guess I expected better from a church-run organization. Although I don't know if you can blame them either. I wish there was a CYO team around, but alas, none exists. And he would probably have to attend Catholic school to go to it, of course. I'm not sure how the homeschooling angle would work there. But nonetheless, AJ's going to stick it out for now. He does have friends there, but he also would have liked to learn something from the process.

I'm very turned on to looking into my spring planting. K turned me on to a great looking organic heirloom seed catalog tonight. I'm hesitant to go the seed start route, just for fear of screwing up. But, I think worst case scenario I kill some plants. We'll see :) I'm thinking about what I'd like to have come summer...good thoughts as we brace for more ice and snow. Definitely tomatoes and zucchini, of course, but I'm also thinking of adding more broccoli and kohlrabi since we had such great luck with it this year. Eggplant is on my list again this year, and I'm hoping I'll have more luck than I did this year. More luck than absolutely no luck, that is. I always end up with them having flea beetles. Maybe I'll be okay this year :) More to come on that topic!

Otherwise all is well in our little corner of the globe this evening. Other than washing diapers and watching C play Civilization (our current obsession), nothing else to comment upon. Good night!

No comments:


I thank you for stopping by my little version of Eden. I appreciate you kind thoughts and contributions to this page and look forward to seeing them in the future. However, I do reserve the right to remove any questionable content or anything that may detract from the overall nature of the page. Thank you for your continued support. Many blessings!