Monday, January 17, 2011

Upset and exhaustion in the land...

Turmoil has peppered the last several days in our family, and I sadly think that it may be permanent. The short of it is that there was a disagreement/misunderstanding of some sort causing a huge falling out in our family. My mom is crushed and hurt and sadly, I'm just a little numb. This is a place I've been in before with this person, but it's new for my mom. Resentment is rampant and I'm pretty certain that bridges have been broken that will take years to be rebuilt. It's definitely made me think twice about letting toxic people into my life...and then letting them in again and again. I realize that my immediate family, C, AJ and Diva and my mom are what counts. And others, who may or may not have the best interests of them in mind have to be watched with a wary eye. I'm definitely going to need time to get over feeling skiddish with others.

That said, for C the weekend was sublime. He had an amazing experience at AOTA and is excited to begin his EL internship. As for his fieldwork, there is a stomach flu circling the home he's working in, so he was thrown up on twice today before lunch. Needless to say, the idea of OT is sometimes more glamorous than the everyday. But I applaud he effort and what he is achieving. We are definitely proud of him.

All this aside, I'm also feeling a little woozy and off tonight. I'm afraid the tummy badness may be making it's way back to me as well. Not what I'm looking forward to, so for the remainder of the evening I'll be sipping Pepto and swallowing hard. I hate feeling nauseous.

2 comments:

Erica Saint said...

I am so sorry about your family situation. That sounds hard. :( And I hope you feel better soon. I am praying for you.

Krista said...

Thanks. We could definitely use the prayers.


I thank you for stopping by my little version of Eden. I appreciate you kind thoughts and contributions to this page and look forward to seeing them in the future. However, I do reserve the right to remove any questionable content or anything that may detract from the overall nature of the page. Thank you for your continued support. Many blessings!