Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Small steps...


I was roaming around the cyber world this evening, checking the blogs of various cyber friends and other interesting places around. I was particularly thankful to run across Erica's blog this evening to find some great insights. Elizabeth Foss has a great website on Catholic families and education (along with many other interesting topics) that offered a great article with insight into my life recently. I have been in a funk...I have been grumpy, grumble-y and altogether unpleasant at times. I have put that burden on my family. I read that post she offered, as well as what Erica wrote and thought to myself...these are simple, small steps I should be taking. Why am I not? I am being uncharitable to others because of my own discomfort. This definitely not the attitude I need to have, or the way I want my children or others to see me. So, I am going to take to heart the idea of small steps. I am going to very consciously make an effort to put more joy into my life by adjusting my attitude toward a larger picture.

I am going to put a smile on my face and be thankful for the small moments with my children, no matter what time of the day or night I find them.

I hope to find joy in my daily tasks. Beautifying my home is a blessing for us all.

I am going to strive to think more calmly and act more charitably toward those I have grievances against. Even if I am frustrated internally, allowing my feelings to show externally only teaches my children to be spiteful and vengeful.

Hopefully these small steps today will lighten my heart tomorrow. I want harmony and happiness to be in my home, and I need to be the catalyst for it. I definitely need to quit enspousing the "sour saint" mentality.

To a better tomorrow!

1 comment:

Erica Saint said...

I agree! To a better tomorrow, a tomorrow filled with joy!


I thank you for stopping by my little version of Eden. I appreciate you kind thoughts and contributions to this page and look forward to seeing them in the future. However, I do reserve the right to remove any questionable content or anything that may detract from the overall nature of the page. Thank you for your continued support. Many blessings!