Thursday, January 20, 2011

Really wishing caffeine wasn't the answer for all that ails...

But sadly, it is. After what has amounted to two solid days of being awake, it was time for me to throw in the towel. I have been off the caffeine bandwagon for nearly two weeks, but today I had to give in and dose up to avoid my lack-of-sleep headache from becoming a migraine headache. So, I have a glass of tea and within 20 minutes the headache clears up and danger is averted. I have successfully given up caffeine before, but I feel crummy every time I do. I really want to stay off of it and use it more medicinally rather than recreationally (is that a word?), but I truly miss the zing it gives me when dealing with unruly children :)

Snow is falling, again. What else can I say? It's January in Pittsburgh, so that's what you get. I am definitely considering looking into vacation destinations this summer in the sun. But then again, it's 90 degrees here in the summer, so what's the point? I need the vacation and warmth now...in July it will do me little good. Besides, if we went away, we would miss Idlewild, right? Because that is definitely worth braving the cold of November-March in SW PA, right? Yeah, I know, I'm not really looking for an answer to that. Or at least not an honest one.

The weekend is looming again, but we are already booked solid. We have basketball in the morning, but C is going to be gone all Saturday afternoon with family. So that leaves an evening alone with the kiddos to me. We really need to get out a little more, but with Diva still being young and not great with others, it limits us. We are going to try to get a sitter for Theology on Tap. They just started one around here, and I'm excited to go. We'll see...there will probably be a snow storm that night.

Winner winner...veggies for dinner! on 365 Project

No comments:


I thank you for stopping by my little version of Eden. I appreciate you kind thoughts and contributions to this page and look forward to seeing them in the future. However, I do reserve the right to remove any questionable content or anything that may detract from the overall nature of the page. Thank you for your continued support. Many blessings!