Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Why do cookies taste so delicious with milk?

And why does milk only taste good when it's full fat? I'm indulging in some of Diva's milk and made cookies to treat myself this evening. I only really drink milk when I'm eating cookies, so I guess it's alright :) We're all sitting around doing our own activities this tonight, none of which are practical or useful. (And after I write this, I'm going to go do more useless activities like play Civilization with C.) Our little corner of the world is quiet today, no muss or fuss or hurts to mar what was otherwise a good day. C is insanely busy right now with all of his AOTA activities and fieldwork. He barely has time to breath. Poor guy. I'm trying to be supportive and smile for him, because there is little else I can do. Besides having dinner on the table and his clothes clean, he's kinda on his own right now. I can't help with papers or editing or the like, so I'm just trying to make him comfortable as possible in his misery. This is why medical students hate being on rotations. It's a nightmare.

Talked to Mom today about the debacle this weekend, or rather, we didn't talk about it purposefully. She's still sad and there is little else to be said to make anything any better, so I'm just hoping that when she gets company tomorrow it will make her feel better. Wish there was a way to make others feel as miserable as they make my loved ones feel. Oh well...that's actually a terrible thing to wish for...so scratch that. I should be a lot more charitable and forgiving than I am. As a Christian, that is definitely one of my weakest gifts. I always hold a grudge. Although if I had held a grudge the last time something like this happened, then this time wouldn't have happened at all. ARGH. So what's the difference between not forgiving and removing someone from you life because it's for the best? Because right now this has become my sin, and it's not one that I'm enjoying. (Not that you should enjoy any sin, but you get the idea.) Ramble, ramble.

Tomorrow is a new day. The kids and I are planning to be in all day and C won't be home from 6AM until about 9:30 PM. So it's just me and the littles carousing all day. AJ has a ton of schoolwork that we are still catching up on, plus a meeting with the lead teacher tomorrow. As much as I love the K12 curriculum, I wouldn't mind not having to answer to a teacher other than myself. But, since I can't afford the curriculum otherwise, this is what we get. Although maybe accountability isn't such a bad thing, considering it's only the third week back from break and I already feel behind again. Double ARGH.

So sleepy... on 365 Project

No comments:


I thank you for stopping by my little version of Eden. I appreciate you kind thoughts and contributions to this page and look forward to seeing them in the future. However, I do reserve the right to remove any questionable content or anything that may detract from the overall nature of the page. Thank you for your continued support. Many blessings!