Wednesday, January 19, 2011

In the darkness...

I sit here in quiet repose...or rather, I sit here quietly and Diva is screaming her head off in an effort to never sleep. C usually does nighttime duties, but he has a conference call tonight, so I get the fits and screams. I've come to the conclusion that she is virtually impossible to get to sleep...she does it for C, but not for me. For me she shudders and shouts and screams bloody murder. I have tried ever sleep solution book known to man, and the attachment parent in me abhors "crying it out". But she won't do anything else. She simply screams for C at the top of her lungs. During the day at nap time we're fine, or the occasional evening C is out of town we do quite well. However, if she knows her Dad is home and not putting her to bed, all hell breaks loose.

So it is with a tired head and a cranky child that I write tonight, because cuddling has been unsuccessful and I'm to the point that bodily harm sounds intriguing. Not really, of course, but every mother knows that point when for all the love you have for your child, if they scream any longer or louder, you are certain your head will explode. Especially considering they have already had a nice warm bath, comfy jammies, a tasty bedtime snack, prayers and cuddles...at that point I want my little hour of me time. But, I guess that's what being a momma is some days...and apparently she has decided today is going to be that day.

No comments:


I thank you for stopping by my little version of Eden. I appreciate you kind thoughts and contributions to this page and look forward to seeing them in the future. However, I do reserve the right to remove any questionable content or anything that may detract from the overall nature of the page. Thank you for your continued support. Many blessings!